Become a market trader

Become a market trader

You can trade on Brixton Station Road. The first thing you need to do is pick which market works for you – this’ll depend on what you sell.

If food’s your line and you want to be part of our Food Corner at our Friday market or specialist Saturday markets, tell us here.

Friday and Saturday markets

Our markets run on Brixton Station Road. If you’d like a stall:

And make sure you’ve got what all food traders need to have (there’s a list at the bottom of this page).

When you’ve got a market pitch

You’ll need to confirm your booking by paying us online. You can also pay by cash on the day and book and pay for any markets in the future. Just make sure you pay John Gordon. If you’ve not met him yet, ask another trader – they’ll point him out to you.

When you pay online, go onto your bank’s website for a remittance advice. It’s a receipt that proves you’ve paid us. You need to save it and email it to us. But if you want to do it the old way, print it off and send it by post.

Are you looking to trade on weekdays?

Come and help us build up our weekday markets. They’re open to everyone, no matter what you sell.

It’s £15 for a stall, cover and table. And we’re open 10 am to 5pm, Mondays and Tuesdays. 10 am to 3 pm, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

If you want to trade:

  • on Electric Avenue or Pope’s Road, call Lambeth’s market office on 020 7926 2530
  • in the market arcades, Brixton Village and on Market Row, call 020 7274 2990
  • in the Farmer’s Market on Sunday email Lee using

What all food traders need to have

Make sure you’ve got all of these things before market day.

  • A finished ‘level 2’ Food Hygiene Certificate for caterers. (You can do it online or through your local council).
  • Tell Lambeth Council you’re running a food business on Brixton Station Road by filling in their form online. You’ll need to wait for them to get back to you before you can sell at the market – it might take a couple of weeks.
  • If you prepare or store any food away from your stall – for example, at your home – you need to register with the council that’s local to where you do it. Then they can check the premises for hygiene.
  • You don’t need to wait for the council to check the premises to prepare and store food, unless you’re handling meat or fish.

Lambeth Council’s [‘A Home Catering Business’] and [‘Good Hygiene Practice ’] will help you out (they’re both PDF files).

For all the details, go to Lambeth’s Food Safety webpage . Or call their Food Safety team on 020 7926 6110.