We operate on Brixton Station Road.
If you want to trade:
- on Electric Avenue or Pope’s Road, call Lambeth Council’s market office on 020 7926 2530
- in the market arcades, Brixton Village and Market Row, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- in the Farmer’s Market on Sunday, email Alex using email@example.com
We like to run themed markets on Brixton Station Road. If you’d like a stall, you need to choose which market would work best for you.
On the first Saturday of the month we hold our Bakers’ & Flea Market; on the second Saturday our Makers’ Market, the third Saturday sees our Retro & Vintage Market; and the fourth (and fifth if there is a fifth Saturday in the month) is the Brix Mix market which is open to all our traders.
Are you looking to trade on weekdays?
Come and help us build up our weekday markets. They’re open to everyone, no matter what you sell (but see the FAQ). Monday to Thursday it’s just £10 per day for a stall, canopy and table!
Food traders are particularly welcome. We’ll support you with our gazebo of customer tables and chairs, and with tweets to our 14,000 followers. This means we have to charge extra for food traders.
How to apply
- read the FAQ and Market Rules (these will open up as PDF files)
- download the application form and fill it in
- gather scans of the documents we need to see
- return your filled in application form, attaching scans of those documents
All traders need to provide proof of address and proof of ID, and that they have public liability insurance. And if anyone is going to help you on your stall, paid or unpaid, we will also need to see proof of your employer’s liability insurance.
What all food traders need to have
Food traders must have the following completed before booking their pitch:
- A “Level 2” Food Hygiene Certificate for caterers. You can do this online or via your local council.
- If any food preparation or storage is done away from the stall (at home for instance) you need to register with the local council there, so they can inspect the premises for hygiene.
- You will also need to tell Lambeth Council you are running a food business on Brixton Station Road by filling in their online application for premises form. Plus you will need to fill in this questionnaire and send it to Lambeth Council.
- All electrical and gas equipment will need a valid inspection certificate, even if new. Generators can be used but must be diesel or LPG and must be silent running. Please note there is no electricity supply on site.
- All traders need to have public liability insurance, we recommend that this includes employer liability insurance so all helpers are covered. Hayes Parsons seems to have the best rate: contact them on 020 8500 8489. Other providers are the National Market Traders’ Federation (tel 01226 749021) and the Combined Market Traders Insurance Association (tel 020 8500 8489).
- You’ll need to wait for Lambeth Council’s written agreement before you can trade. This can take two to four weeks
For full information see Lambeth Council’s Food Safety webpage, or call their Food Safety team on 020 7926 6110.
Booking a market pitch
You can book and pay for any markets in the future up to a month in advance. Please book by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by text to John Gordon our Market Manager, once you have his phone number.
With his go ahead you can confirm your booking by paying into our bank account. Let us know when you’ve done that by email to email@example.com.
You can also pay by cash on the day (but this costs more). Just make sure you pay John Gordon. If you’ve not met him yet, ask another trader – they’ll point him out to you.